Sonoma County Farm Bureau Job Opportunites
Government Relations Coordinator / Assistant Director
Sonoma County Farm Bureau is looking for a strong communicator. This full time position offers competitive pay and a positive work environment. A displayed passion for Sonoma County agriculture and good attitude is a must!
The position is responsible for monitoring and coordinating government relations activities for the county Farm Bureau with regard to influencing policy and regulations relating to agriculture and member interests. The successful candidate will additionally oversee office operations when the Executive Director is unavailable.
- Cultivating relationships with elected and appointed officials.
- Monitoring development of county ordinances / regulations of member interest and impact to agriculture.
- Preparing analyses and position papers to inform SCFB leadership upon request.
- Attending county meetings, hearings and forums representing SCFB.
- Serving member inquiries for information and solutions to problems.
- Updating website content relative to position responsibilities.
- Assisting with marketing, sponsorships and auction soliciting for fundraising events.
- Assisting with membership acquisition and retention.
- Assisting with general event planning and implementation.
- A cooperative, professional, positive attitude.
- Effective written and verbal communication; Spanish literacy desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or comparable design program.
- Bachelor’s degree; communications or political science major preferred.
- A valid California driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends.
Established in 1917, Sonoma County Farm Bureau is an independent, non-governmental, voluntary membership organization representing nearly 3,000 farm and ranch families and businesses united for the purpose of analyzing their problems and formulating action to achieve educational improvement, economic opportunity and social advancement.
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to Kim Vail at email@example.com or telephone at (707) 544-5575.
Applications will be accepted through May 22, 2017.