Cooking with the Twin Chefs
Article and Photo By Lilly and Audrey, The Twin Chefs
This recipe is the perfect end of summer pasta; fresh tomatoes, herbs, and cheese; what could be better? Switch it up by using tarragon or thyme instead of basil. We can’t wait to pack this for a great lunch, hot or cold!
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Pappardelle Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta)
- 2 cups assorted heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan shavings
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain
- While pasta cooks heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium high heat. Sauté cherry tomatoes for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, turn heat to medium and add garlic. Sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Toss the drained pappardelle into the sautéed tomatoes, add basil and parmesan shavings, and toss again. Salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4