Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad
Article and Photo By Lilly and Audrey, The Twin Chefs
There is so much fresh and delicious corn out there right now, and this salad takes full advantage of that! We love to serve this at a barbeque or bring it as a side dish to any sort of outdoor party. Plus, its great warm, or cold!
- 5 ears fresh corn (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced thin, green parts included
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl, set aside. Cut and chop tomatoes, and herbs, set aside. Heat a large sauté pan to medium high heat, add olive oil. Add the corn to pan and sauté stirring occasionally for 2 minutes, add salt and pepper, and stir. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until kernels start to soften. Turn off heat and add the tomatoes, stir and let rest.
Stir together in a bowl the crème fraiche, lemon juice and herbs, add mixture to the corn, stir to coat evenly. Salad can be served warm or cold. Serves 6