Kale Caesar Salad
Article and Photo By Lilly and Audrey, The Twin Chefs
We love Caesar Salad and using baby kale instead of Romaine gives it a boost of healthy nutrients. We also like to toss any leftover dressing with grilled vegetables. Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around and with this exciting recipe you will find a great new way to incorporate it into your diet!
- 3 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound baby kale leaves
- ½ cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut bread slices into 1-inch squares. Spread squares in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat with oil. Sprinkle bread with garlic powder and smoked paprika, toss. Bake for about 7 minutes or until croutons are golden, set aside.
- Place garlic in a salad bowl and mash with fork, whisk in mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and black pepper. Gradually whisk in ½ cup olive oil and salt to taste, set aside.
- Rinse and spin dry kale leaves, place in salad bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the kale and toss gently to coat evenly. Sprinkle croutons and Parmesan over top of salad and toss again gently, serve immediately.