Sonoma-Marin YF&R Leadership Team has been busy planning out 2014. Below you will find the working calendar of events, dates and locations are subject to change. We are very excited for what 2014 has to offer, and are looking forward to expanding our membership and partnering with neighboring YF&R chapters to host events. If you are interested in donating and/or sponsoring a Sonoma-Marin YF&R event please contact Taylor Serres at 707.695.9144 or YFR@SonomaFB.org
Sonoma-Marin YF&R 2014 Calendar of Events
January 22 - YF&R Membership Meeting
Sonoma Marin YF&R invites current and new members to their January membership meeting where presenters from the USDA, Natural Resources Conservation Service will discuss programs and funding that can help people reduce soil erosion, enhance water supplies, improve water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and reduce damages caused by floods and other natural disasters.
General YF&R meeting details:
When: 7pm, on Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
Where: Sonoma County Farm Bureau, 970 Piner Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
February 1 - 25th Annual Great Sonoma Crab and Wine Fest
The 25th Annual Great Sonoma Crab and Wine Fest is the premier Crab and Wine event of the North Bay Area! Join over 1,200 leaders from the agriculture and business communities in support of scholarships, education programs and youth activities!
March 2 - YF&R Leadership Conference, Visalia, CA
CFBF Young Farmers and Ranchers Leadership Conference
Save the Date for 2014!
Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
300 South Court
Visalia, CA 93291
CFBF Group Room Rate - $99 per night
Deadline for group rate reservations is February 6, 2014.
March 25, 26 - Sonoma County Farm Bureau Ag Days
Tour Sonoma County agriculture all in one place! Visit the Sonoma County Fairgrounds Tuesday, March 25 or Wednesday, March 26, 2014 to see “Agriculture in Action”. Tours and displays will be open 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. each day. Students will have the opportunity to see farm animals and learn about the source of their food, fiber, flowers, environmental studies, growing plants and raising animals.
April 10 - YF&R Meeting: Washoe House | 6 p.m.
You are invited to join your fellow Sonoma-Marin YF&R members for the April Meeting at The Washoe House in Petaluma on Thursday, April 10th at 6:30 p.m..
$20 per person
Scheduled speakers will include:
Marin County Farm Bureau President Sam Dolcini. Sam will speak about benefits of YF&R and getting involved in your community. Sam being a past CA YF&R State Officer is a wonderful resource for Sonoma-Marin YF&R.
As well as Linda Peterson, program coordinator, for the Sonoma County UCCE. Linda will speak about the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Training Program.
There will also be a brief discussion on upcoming events happening with Sonoma-Marin YF&R.
If you are not able to attend and want more information please contact Taylor Serres at YFR@Sonomafb.org or (707) 695-9144.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Saralee Day
Saturday, April 26, 2014
- California-Nevada Hereford Tour & Field Day | Kunde Ranch, Kenwood, CA
- 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Hereford Tours & Seminars
- 3: 30 p.m. YF&R BBQ's for Dinner
Join the San Joaquin County YF&R for their 2nd annual farm tour! San Joaquin County has set up a wonderful day for us touring different facilities and farming operations. We will be visiting Morada Produce, Kings Crown Packing and Delta Blue Grass.
The itinerary for the day is below.
Saturday, May 3, 2014
8 a.m. - Departing the Safeway Parking Lot in Sonoma
9:30 a.m. - Arriving at the Park & Ride off of I-5
10 a.m. - Bus Departing to start touring
10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Tour 1 & 2
1:30 p.m. - The Fruit Bowl for Lunch
2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. - Tour 3 & 4
4:30 p.m. - Departing back to Sonoma
RSVP by Thursday, May 1. Space is Limited.
Contact Taylor with any questions 707-695-9144
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:30 p.m.
Mike's at the Crossroads
( NEW Petaluma Location)
840 Petaluma Blvd N (Payran Street),
Petaluma, CA 94952
Please RSVP to Taylor Serres
707-695-9144 by Thursday, June 5
At Mikes at the Crossroads YF&R will be discussing opportunities to get involved and upcoming events. Please come with ideas and input for an interactive meeting.
June 13 - Sonoma County Farm Bureau Golf Tournament
Friday, June 13 - Are you interested in being on the Sonoma-Marin YF&R Golf Team? Contact Taylor Serres - 707-695-9144
Deadline: Monday, June 2, 2014
June 21 - Duck Spot Bingo Sonoma-Marin Fair Farmers Day
Saturday, June 21 Farmer's Day at Sonoma-Marin Fair YF&R will be hosting Duck Spot Bingo.
Contact Taylor Serres 707-695-9144 to sign-up to help work the booth!
July 17 - Sonoma County Farm Bureau Love of the Land
Thursday, July 17 Sonoma County Farm Bureau Love of the Land Fundraiser - Volunteers Needed -
Contact Anita Hawkins -
August 23 - Trap Shoot Fundraiser (Location: TBD)
$50 per person for 100 clays and lunch
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Wing & Barrel Ranch | Black Point Sports Club
6600 Noble Road Sonoma, CA 95476
Registration: 9 – 10 a.m.
Shotgun Start: 10 a.m.
Lunch to follow
Limited to 75 Shooters
Shooters bring their own Gun and Shells
RSVP by Friday, September 5th
October 21 - General YF&R Meeting
General YF&R Meeting
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Sonoma County Farm Bureau Office - 3589 Westwind Blvd., Santa Rosa
- Recap of the 1st Annual Sporting Clays Shoot
- Farm Tour - Hosting San Joaquin County YF&R - Saturday, November 15
- Sonoma-Marin YF&R Apparel
- Officer Elections
YF&R's are invited to participate in the event below, attached you will also find more information.
Calling all farmers and food artisans!
Taste the Possibilities: Adding Value to Your Ag Business
A workshop for Sonoma County farmers and food artisans interested in creating value-added products featuring locally grown produce.
Date: November 3, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Showcase Café, Sonoma County Fairgrounds, 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa.
Cost: $15 advance registration online / $25 at the door.
Sonoma-Marin YF&R Farm Tour
Sonoma-Marin YF&R Farm Tour Schedule
Saturday, November 15, 2014
10:30am - Meet at Scoggins Wines (111 Goodwin Ave. Penngrove, CA 94951
10:45am Depart for Farm Tour. Lunch is included in the tour. No participation costs.
We are encouraging all members to come and welcome the San Joaquin County members.
4:30pm - Arrive back to Scoggins Wines for Tour and Harvest Party
5:30pm - Harvest Party Begins - members who are not able to make the Farm Tour, bring a dish to share and celebrate!
The Sonoma-Marin YF&R Harvest Party is a pot luck, please bring a dish to share with your fellow members. Alcoholic beverages will be provided for those over 21 and non-alcoholic beverages for those under 21.
Any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
RSVP to Taylor YFR@SonomaFB.org by Wednesday 11/12/14.
YF&R has one final meeting in 2014 before we ring in the new year!! This final meeting will be at The Union Hotel in Occidental.
We will be having our 2015 Officer Elections at this meeting, so we ask that you please try to make it!
Tuesday, December 9, 2015
$25 per person for Family Style Italian Dinner 3731 Main Street Occidental, CA 95472
RSVP by: Thursday, December 4, 2014
For those of you who are interested in running or know someone that is interested in running please nominate yourself or another person for one of the following positions by responding to this email. Nominations will be taken up until the day of the election. We have a strong group and want to keep the momentum going and get more people involved, so please take becoming involved into consideration!
Officer Positions Available:
- Chair: The Chair shall preside at meetings and shall be the chief executive officer of the organization as well as the liaison between Sonoma County Farm Bureau Executive Director and Staff and the Sonoma-Marin Young Farmers & Ranchers. The president shall appoint committee members and a chair. The Chair shall not be required to chair a committee.
- Vice Chair: The Vice Chair shall perform the duties of the Chair in his or her absence and other duties as may be prescribed by the Executive Board. The Vice Chair shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be the custodian of all Club funds, shall keep a record of the receipts and expenditures of the Club, and shall assist in preparing the annual budget for approval from the SCFB YF&R committee. The Treasurer shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall keep minutes of the meetings, maintain a file of reports, and perform other duties as may be assigned. The Secretary shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- Public Relations Director: The Public Relations Director shall be responsible for all communication between the club and the community. He or she will coordinate all press releases, letters, and will be in charge of all Social Media Announcements and Marketing. This officer will coordinate all official recruitment events planned by the executive board or such a committee designated by the Chair. The PR Director shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- BBQ Committee (2): The BBQ Committee will be responsible for all food and beverages at all meetings as well as coordinating with respective locations (restaurants) to arrange meeting meals. The BBQ Committee shall be directly responsible to the Chair.