Sonoma-Marin YF&R Leadership Team has been busy planning out 2015. Below you will find the working calendar of events, dates and locations are subject to change. We are very excited for what 2015 has to offer,and are looking forward to expanding our membership and partnering with neighboring YF&R chapters to host events. If you are interested in donating and/or sponsoring a Sonoma-Marin YF&R event please contact Grant Ermis at email@example.com
Sonoma-Marin YF&R 2015 Calendar of Events
January 14 - YF&R Membership Meeting - 6:30 pm
The first meeting of 2015 will be held at the Sonoma County Farm Bureau office on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. This meeting will go over the 2015 calendar, welcome new members and ring in the New Year!
February 7 - 26th Annual Great Sonoma Crab and Wine Fest
The 26th Annual Great Sonoma Crab and Wine Fest is the premier Crab and Wine event of the North Bay Area! Join over 1,200 leaders from the agriculture and business communities in support of scholarships, education programs and youth activities!
February 26-March 1 - State YF&R Conference (Sacramento)
CFBF Young Farmers and Ranchers Leadership Conference Save the Date for 2015!
Sacramento County - Doubletree Hotel by Hilton
March 11 - YF&R Membership Meeting - 6:30 pm
This meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 11th @ 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room at the Farm Bureau Office.
3589 Westwind Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA
Look forward to an amazing meal from our BBQ team. We will be discussing the upcoming Sporting Clays Shoot on March 30th and our event in the Windsor Area scheduled for April 18th.
We are requesting donations for our Harvest for All Campaign in conjunction with American Farm Bureau to help benefit hungry families in need. If you bring 3 cans of food or $5 with you to our meeting you'll help kick start our campaign; 100% of proceeds go to the campaign. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
March 24-25 - Ag Days (Sonoma County Fairgrounds)
Celebrate Sonoma County’s Number One Industry by attending the Ag Days Events at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds. School Tours Offered Two Days. Tour Sonoma County agriculture all in one place! Visit the Sonoma County Fairgrounds Tuesday, March 17 or Wednesday, March 18, 2015 to see “Sonoma County Farm Powered”. Tours and displays will be open 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. each day. Students will have the opportunity to see farm animals and learn about the source of their food, fiber, flowers, environmental studies, growing plants and raising animals.
April 25 - Francis Ford Coppola Winery Social Event
Who: All Young Farmer and Ranchers are invited to attend, bring a friend to introduce them to the crowd, or just to meet 4th District Supervisor James Gore!
When: Saturday April 25th, 2015
Where: Francis Ford Coppola Winery, 300 Via Archimedes,Geyserville, CA 95441
What: The Event will begin with a Tour of the Coppola Facilities following the schedule below:
9:30 a.m. - Meet and Greet
10:00 a.m. - Production Area Tour: From Crush to Bottle A History & Vision of Francis Ford Coppola
11:00 a.m. - Wine Tasting followed by Lunch Lunch, Featuring Mr. James Gore, Sonoma County 4th District Supervisor
12:30 p.m. - Social Reception
May 13 - YF&R Membership Meeting - 6:30 pm
6:30 p.m. Wing & Barrel Ranch 6600 Noble Road Sonoma, CA 95476.
Please bring all of your donations and any gun raffle tickets that have been sold to the meeting! Remember the Harvest for All Program and bring 3-5 cans of food or $5 per person.
NOTE: Hwy 37 is normally VERY CONGESTED, so plan for extra traveling time and take the Sonoma Route via Arnold Drive. Call Taylor Serres if you get lost 707-695-9144.
May 30 - Trap Shoot (Wing and Barrel Ranch)
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Wing & Barrel Ranch | Black Point Sports Club 6600 Noble Road Sonoma, CA 95476
Registration: 9 – 10 a.m.
Shotgun Start: 10 a.m.
June 12 - Golf Tournament
Join us June 12, 2015 at Windsor Golf Course for SCFB's 14th Annual Golf Tournament benefiting ag education!
Schedule of Events:
11:30 a.m. - Registration & Warm-Up
12:00 p.m. - Box Lunch Provided
1 p.m. - Shotgun Start
6 p.m. - Dinner, Awards & Raffle
June 24-28 - Sonoma-Marin Fair (Petaluma Fairgrounds)
July 1-4 - Marin Fair (Novato Fairgrounds)
July 16 - Love of the Land
The mid-summer celebration is open to anyone who wants to join in honoring the agricultural award winners who are leading the way to preserve Sonoma County’s rich farming heritage.
July 22 - YF&R Membership Meeting - 5 pm
Hoping to support a local business and learn more about the industry, we are planning a tasting (for those over 21) and brewery tour (for everyone) at Lagunitas Brewing Company in Petaluma, and a tour of their farming operation (for everyone). Please let us know if you would be interested in attending this tour on July 22nd starting at 5:00pm at the Lagunitas Brewery 1280 N. McDowell Petaluma, CA 94954. Lagunitas is very excited to work with us so please RSVP. Thank you!
Let us know if you are interested! RSVP Here More details to come soon. Cheers!
July 24 - August 8 - Sonoma County Fair (Sonoma County Fairgrounds)
September 9 - YF&R Membership Meeting - 6:30 pm
Come enjoy Lamb Burgers at Lagunitas using the meat we bought at the county fair! We'll have dinner at the restaurant at 5:30, and a short meeting after discussing the Harvest Tours, Giants Game, the Napa YF&R Barn Bash, and other end of the year festivities! We hope to see you there!
November 14 - YF&R Harvest Tours at Neve and Balletto!
What: Tours will begin at 11:30 @ Neve Brother Roses (2645 Bodega Ave, Petaluma, CA 94952), and continue at 3:00pm @ Balletto Vineyards (5700 Occidental Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95401)
- Tour 1 @ 11:30am (Neve Roses)
- Tour 2 @ 3:00pm (Balletto Vineyards)
- Dinner and social @ 5:00pm (Balletto Vineyards)
- Tri-tip dinner donated by Balletto
Who: All YF&R's past, current, and future are welcome at no cost (except for your fuel).
Contact: If you have any questions please contact Grant Ermis 209-480-7885.
December 9 - YF&R Membership Meeting- Officer Election - 6:30 pm
The YF&R Committee is accepting YF&R Officer nominations for the 2016 year. These individuals will be elected at our Annual Dinner on December 16th at the Union Hotel in Occidental. It's an amazing opportunity, and I hope that many of you look forward to getting involved.
For those of you who are interested in running or know someone that is interested in running please nominate yourself or another person for one of the following positions by responding to this email. Nominations will be taken up until the day of the election. We have a strong group and want to keep the momentum going and get more people involved, so please take becoming involved into consideration!
Officer Positions Available:
- Chair: The Chair shall preside at meetings and shall be the chief executive officer of the organization as well as the liaison between Sonoma County Farm Bureau Executive Director and Staff and the Sonoma-Marin Young Farmers & Ranchers. The president shall appoint committee members and a chair. The Chair shall not be required to chair a committee.
- Vice Chair: The Vice Chair shall perform the duties of the Chair in his or her absence and other duties as may be prescribed by the Executive Board. The Vice Chair shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be the custodian of all Club funds, shall keep a record of the receipts and expenditures of the Club, and shall assist in preparing the annual budget for approval from the SCFB YF&R committee. The Treasurer shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall keep minutes of the meetings, maintain a file of reports, and perform other duties as may be assigned. The Secretary shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- Public Relations Director: The Public Relations Director shall be responsible for all communication between the club and the community. He or she will coordinate all press releases, letters, and will be in charge of all Social Media Announcements and Marketing. This officer will coordinate all official recruitment events planned by the executive board or such a committee designated by the Chair. The PR Director shall be directly responsible to the Chair.
- BBQ Committee (2): The BBQ Committee will be responsible for all food and beverages at all meetings as well as coordinating with respective locations (restaurants) to arrange meeting meals. The BBQ Committee shall be directly responsible to the Chair.