Farmers and Ranchers in Sonoma and Mendocino counties are invited to attend a meeting on agricultural water use in the Russian River watershed. The meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 24, from 9am-noon at the Cloverdale Citrus Fairgrounds located at 1 Citrus Fair Drive in Cloverdale.
The workshop covers the Russian River Frost Regulation and how to comply with it; the Upper Russian River Water Rights Curtailment and its lifting; Sustainable Groundwater Management Act, its effects on agriculture, and the actions we should take; and the update on the USDA insurance programs.
RSVP to attend by November 20, to: Devon Jones email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-462-6664.
This meeting is presented in conjunction with a USDA Risk Management Agreement and is sponsored by Mendocino County Farm Bureau, Mendocino Winegrowers, Sonoma County Farm Bureau and Sonoma County Winegrape Commission.
Schedule of Events:
Frost Water Regulation and What It Means for 2015
- Devon Jones, Mendocino County Farm Bureau;
- Karissa Kruse, Sonoma Wine Grape Commission
Review of Regulation Requirements:
- DeeDee D’Adamo and Steve Moore, SWRCB Board Members
- John O’Hagan, SWRCB Assistant Deputy Director of Water Right
- Kyle Wooldridge, SWRCB Water Resources Control Engineer
Water Demand Management Program (WDMP) Development Ideas:
- Sean White, Russian River Flood Control District
- Doug McIlroy, Russian River Water Conservation Council
- Al Cadd, Russian River Property Owners Association
Independent Science Review Panel Update:
- Laurel Marcus, California Land Stewardship Institute
2014 Russian River Curtailment Process:
- Kathy Mrowka, SWRCB Water Rights Enforcement Section Manager
Proposal for the Russian River Tributaries:
- Paula Whealen, Wagner and Bonsignore
Proposal for the Russian River Mainstem:
- Pam Jeane, Sonoma County Water Agency
Ground Water Legislation. How Can Ag Be Prepared?
- Chris Scheuring/ Jack Rice: California Farm Bureau Federation
- Tito Sasaki: Sonoma County Farm Bureau
2015 Agricultural Insurance Programs. Applications and Upcoming Deadlines. Crop Insurance and Whole Farm Revenue Protection:
- James Otto, USDA Risk Management Agency