There is so much fresh and delicious corn out there right now, and this salad takes full advantage of that! We love to serve this at a barbeque or bring it as a side dish to any sort of outdoor party. Plus, its great warm, or cold!
- 5 ears fresh corn (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced thin, green parts included
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl, set aside. Cut and chop tomatoes, and herbs, set aside. Heat a large sauté pan to medium high heat, add olive oil. Add the corn to pan and sauté stirring occasionally for 2 minutes, add salt and pepper, and stir. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until kernels start to soften. Turn off heat and add the tomatoes, stir and let rest.
Stir together in a bowl the crème fraiche, lemon juice and herbs, add mixture to the corn, stir to coat evenly. Salad can be served warm or cold. Serves 6