Sonoma County Farm Bureau hosted its 12th annual Golf Tournament benefiting agricultural education on Friday, June 14th. It was a beautiful day on the greens at Windsor Golf Club in Windsor. There were more than 130 players on 33 teams feverously attacking the course in the scrabble format to see whose team would come out on top.
Awards were given to the top teams and a blind bogey system was used to determine the winning Net score. A prize was given to the Longest Drive, Most Accurate Drive, Closest to the Pin and Best Dressed. Thank you to Duckhorn Vineyards and Alexander Valley Vineyards for providing wine for the prizes. As a thank you gift, each player received a special 2013 Golf Tournament hat with Farm Bureau logo sponsored by Rabobank.
- 1st Place Team Gross: Action Rents Team – Ken Dern, John Grill, Patrick Williams and Jake Behrens.
- 1st Place Team Net: Sonoma County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor’s Team – Bill Rousseau, Gerry Ausiello, Ed Hamilton and Greg Walsh.
- Longest Drive Men: Chris Conner, North Bay Petroleum Team
- Longest Drive Women: Kathy Murphy, George Petersen Insurance Team
- Most Accurate Men: David Dorr, Western Farm Center Team
- Most Accurate Women: Valerie Nera, State Compensation Insurance Fund Team
- Closest to the Pin Men: Joe Platt, State Compensation Ins. Fund Team
- Closest to the Pin Women: Valerie Nera, State Compensation Ins. Fund Team
- Best Dressed Team: Beretta Dairy Team – Rich Tannehill, Mark Singleton, Mike Sturla and Doug Beretta.
- Best Dressed Duo: Cameron Eisenhauer and Andrew Jones of the Brodie’s Tire and Brake Team
Golfers enjoyed a fiesta dinner prepared by Charlie’s Restaurant at the Windsor Golf Club. Thank you to the generous dinner sponsorship by Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa. Wine for the reception and dinner was donated by Constellation Brands
Photos of all the teams and candid shots from the event are available online at Sonomafb.org.
Exciting on the course activities were provided by several Corporate Sponsors: Brandt Insurance, Hansel Auto Group, Royal Petroleum Co., Silveira-Pontiac-Buick-GMC, State Compensation Insurance Fund and Young Farmers & Ranchers.
A number of sponsors came forward to assist in the fundraising and outreach portion of the event. Thank you to the following sponsors, Diamond Sponsor: American AgCredit. Silver Sponsor: Burgess Lumber and Bronze Sponsors: Central Valley Builders, Don Ramatici Insurance, Dutton Ranch Corp., Park Avenue Turf, Sunridge Nurseries.
Farm Bureau is looking forward on planning another exciting tournament for 2014. Details for the 2014 Tournament will be posted online at sonomafb.org, in Sonoma Marin Farm News and sent in the mail.