This is our idea of the ultimate fall recipe! The warm chocolate and toasted marshmallow already taste amazing but add roasted pumpkin pieces that are covered in maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice and you have something special. It’s easy to make and easier to eat, all your friends will love helping you make this fall treat
Pumpkin Smores Galette
- 2 cups roasted pie pumpkin, (sugar baby or baby pam)
halved, seeds and pulp removed, peeled and cut into ½ chunks
- ¼ cup graham crackers, crushed
- ½ cup high quality milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup, divided
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1 sheet package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the pumpkin pieces evenly onto the parchment and drizzle 2 tablespoons real maple syrup and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, mix to coat evenly. Bake for 20 minutes or until pieces are tender. Remove and cool on pan for at least 25 minutes.
- To make the galette, preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the dough on the parchment paper and roll to 1/8th inch thick. Spread the cooled pumpkin pieces evenly onto the dough leaving a 1 ½ inch edge. Sprinkle the ¼ cup graham crackers over the pumpkin.
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the graham crackers and pumpkin. Next evenly sprinkle the marshmallows onto the chocolate. Gently fold the edge of the dough over the smore’s filling about 1 inch and pinch together to form an edge. Cut a piece of aluminum foil in a circle to fit just inside the edge of the crust, set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the edges with the egg white. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of organic sugar around the edge of the dough. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of maple syrup over the top of the smore filling. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes placing the aluminum foil lightly on the top of the smore filling after it has been in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes, when marshmallows are toasted. Let cool on pan for at least 20 minutes before serving, cut into slices with a pizza wheel. Serves 8