It’s so nice to see GrEEn…on the hills, in the fields…and my lawn J The long awaited rain came, which brought up a conversation at a party I recently attended. My question was,
“When you were a kid, did you run to the creek with your rubber boots on…just to see how far you could wade into the swelling creeks without flooding your boots?” It’s a question I’ve always wanted to ask, wondering if my brothers and I were the only ones who did this. Evidently not!! And, truth be told…we always went home with flooded boots…let it rain!!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri
I knew I had a keeper when my husband, who usually avoids cauliflower, could not stop eating this!!! It’s such an easy dish to put together too…the Chimichurri Sauce will keep in the fridge for a week and tastes great on grilled meats also.
- 1 head cauliflower,
rinsed and dried
- 2 TBSP. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup packed parsley
- ¾ cup packed cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400’. Cut cauliflower into 1 to 2 inch flowerets and place on a 12x17x1 inch baking sheet. Drizzle 2 TBSP. olive oil onto cauliflower and lightly toss to evenly coat. Bake for 13 minutes, until just starting to brown.
- While cauliflower is baking make Chimichurri Sauce. Place parsley, cilantro and garlic into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Remove to a small bowl and stir in ¼ olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven when done and sprinkle with cheese. Put back into the oven for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
- Top cauliflower evenly with Chimichurri sauce. Serve while still warm. (Although it tastes great cold too!)
Cooking Time 18 minutes