Sonoma County Ag Commissioners office will hold a plastic pesticide container recycle event again this spring. The event will be held Thursday, May 1, 2014 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m..
The collection site will be the Sonoma County Healdsburg Corporation Yard, which is located on Alexander Valley Rd. in Healdsburg. Directions: from Hwy.101, take the Lytton Springs exit, turn right on Healdsburg Avenue, and then turn left on Alexander Valley Rd. The corporation yard is on the left, approximately 0.1 mile. This site is across the street from the Healdsburg Transfer Station.
This event is open to growers, nurseries, pest control businesses, golf courses, parks, and government agencies. Plastic containers ranging in size from 1 pint to 55 gallons will be accepted.
Containers must be:
- Triple rinsed, punctured and dry
- The plastic lids and caps must be removed
- All label booklets and plastic sleeves must be removed from containers before recycling, glued labels are ok
- Containers in size from 15 gallons to 55 gallons must be cut into quarters before bringing to the recycle event
- 5 gallon buckets must have metal handles removed
- PLEASE – No PVC pipe, plastic tubing, metal containers, or containers that have held motor oil