Photo By Lilly and Audrey, The Twin Chefs
This Avocado Cilantro Dip is cool and refreshing for summer as a side to any of your barbeque favorites. We often use skewers as appetizers and this recipe fits that perfectly. The recipe is fun and easy, you can prepare the skewers up to 1 day ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 6 wooden skewers
- ½ lb. yellow cherry tomatoes, rinsed and left to dry
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 6 mini multi colored sweet peppers, washed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced, more for garnish
Pre-soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Make the avocado dip by placing avocado, almond milk, cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, place in a small bowl, garnish with minced cilantro, cover and refrigerate.
Preheat grill to 350 degrees. (grill pan can be used on stovetop at medium high) Thread the mixed pieces of vegetables onto the skewers evenly. Brush the vegetable skewers with olive oil on both sides, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, black pepper, and onion powder. Grill, turning, until marked and tender about 4-5 minutes per side or until slightly charred and to desired tenderness. Remove skewers to a platter and serve with avocado cilantro dipping sauce.
Makes 6 skewers.